- This event has passed.
Creating a Culture of Innovation
September 25, 2015 @ 2:30 pm - 7:00 pm$25
With Special thanks to our Premier Sponsor
and our Leadership Sponsors
Join leaders from business, industry, higher education, arts and cultural organizations, scientific research institutions, and the economic development community for an engaging and interactive Symposium to explore and stimulate collaborative actions to help further Maine’s success as a place where creativity and innovation thrive.
Discussion Topics Include:
- Defining a “Culture of Innovation”
- How are creativity and innovation being developed and nurtured today—inside organizations and across communities?
- What kinds of partnerships, collaborations or other initiatives will make a positive impact for Maine?
Following the Symposium, participants are invited to a reception and networking event. The program concludes with an inspiring presentation and musical performance by The Jackson Laboratory’s President and CEO Edison T. Liu, M.D.—The Art + Science of Creativity.
- 2:00–2:30 Registration, Gathering, Refreshments
- 2:30–4:30 Symposium: Creating a Culture of Innovation
- 4:30–5:30 Collaboration Tables and Tours of The Jackson Laboratory
- 5:30–6:00 Networking Reception
- 6:00–7:15 Special Performance and Presentation: The Art + Science of Creativity
- Download Full Program
Special Invitation for MDF Annual Meeting Attendees
This Symposium has been timed to complement the programming of the Maine Development Foundation’s Annual Meeting “Connecting Leaders for Economic Growth” in Bangor. Please register for the MDF event at www.mdf.org and join us for a 2:30 start time in Bar Harbor.
- Edison T. Liu, M.D., President and CEO, The Jackson Laboratory
- Donald Tuski, President, Maine College of Art
- Yellow Light Breen, President, Maine Development Foundation
- Jake Ward, Vice President of Innovation and Economic Development, UMaine
- Don Gooding, Executive Director, Maine Center for Entrepreneurial Development
- Susan Corbett, CEO, Axiom Technologies
- Adam Lachman, Director of Innovation & Economic Development, Office of Sen. Angus King
- Renee Kelly, Director, Foster Center for Student Innovation, UMaine
- Jess Knox, Blackstone Accelerates, and Director of Maine Startup and Create Week
- Raphael DiLuzio, Assoc. Prof. of Design Science, Director of CI2 Special Research Studio, USM
- Ed Cervone, Executive Director, Educate Maine
- Jennifer Hutchins, Executive Director, Creative Portland
- Jay Collier, Director, Project Login
- Stephen Von Vogt, Managing Director, Maine Composites Alliance
Pre-registration is required for the Symposium, Tours and Evening Program. Please contact The Jackson Laboratory at 800‑474‑9880 or email@example.com. A registration fee of $25 per person will be collected to offset event expenses for both organizations.
For More Information
Please contact Cynthia Manzo
- Or call 207-730-0199